In this episode, Jina Etienne shares why it is important for accounting firms to create an environment where accountants can be their authentic selves at work.
Etienne began her accounting career as a Senior Tax Consultant for Deloitte before launching her own CPA practice which she ran for seventeen years. She then become the Director- Taxation for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPAs) where she led the Taxation team that was responsible for implementing tax and regulatory changes. After that role, Etienne assumed the President & CEO position for the National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) where she led the organization for two years.
And now, Jina Etienne and her husband have launched EtiennePartners. In September 2017, the dynamic couple took their life partnership to another level and established a company dedicated to helping executive teams leverage the diversity of their teams.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Jina overcame the imposter syndrome
- The process for integrating motherhood and career (even if you are not a parent, her advice is spot on for anyone who wants a life outside of work!)
- The new value proposition that all accountants need to embrace in order to remain successful
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jina Etienne's LinkedIn and Twitter
- Etienne Partners website
- TravelBank- use the promo code Future50 for $50 in rewards credit when you book your next flight
This episode is brought to you by TravelBank, the app that helps you find the best flights at a lower cost than other platforms. They are giving the Future of Accounting community (YOU!), $50 in rewards credit with the next flight you purchase.
All you have to do is click here to download the app, and use Future50 in the promo code to get $50 in rewards with your next flight.