Thank you to everyone who came out to our sold-out Future of Fashion party on July 13 with the Walnut Creek Socialites and Capital One. We had over 70 attendees, a full house of small business owners, bloggers and tastemakers at the Capital One café in Walnut Creek.
A big thank you to our panelists who took the time to share their invaluable knowledge with us. In case you missed it, here is some info about the event and our panelists.
About the event: Fashion has always been an industry on the cutting edge - from the invention of the sewing machine to the rise of e-commerce. And today, tech is transforming fashion at a faster pace than ever.
From robots that sew and cut fabric, to AI algorithms that predict style trends, to VR mirrors in dressing rooms, technology is automating, personalizing, and speeding up every aspect of fashion.
What does all of this mean for the ~$2.4T fashion industry? Our stellar panelists how these changes are impacting brick-and-mortar retailers, brands and the fashion bloggers that love them.
About the panelists:
- Rachel Fischbein, ESQ. - Founder of Law on the Runway, Board Member of Fashion Community Week and Director of the Fashion Incubator- SF with Macys.
- Tammi Relyea- CEO of BRA-sériē and on a mission to create a global company that inspires personal expression and promotes a positive self image for women of all ages.
- Vishal Kalia- Mentor at the the Fashion Incubator at Macy's. Founder/CEO of Rogueline.co, a resource center for entrepreneurs in the retail and fashion industry with a focus on Artificial Intelligence, Customer Acquisition and Marketing.
- Brianna Foster- Retail Marketing Coordinator for thredUP and blogger behind CityGirl aka the modern girl's guide to living like Carrie Bradshaw.
- Tracy Dietlein- Senior Marketing Manager of Broadway Plaza with over 20 years of marketing and shopping center industries, Board of Directors for Walnut Creek Downtown, Trustee for the Diablo Regional Arts Association and blogger at Forty Tales.
Wanna join us for our next event? Sign up for our Insider list to get VIP invitations.