In this episode, Sharell King shares how technology is reshaping the role of the tax accountant. And why it is now no longer enough to just be technically good at your job, but emerging leaders also need to think more like consultants for their clients.
King originally thought she wanted to be a math teacher, but quickly realized that with her analytical mind, she would feel more at home as a tax accountant. After getting her Masters in Taxation from Golden Gate University, she worked for two of the Big 4 firms before venturing into the private sector, working for companies such as McKesson, Uber and now Upwork.
In this episode you will learn:
- How King landed a role at a Big 4 firm shortly after graduating from Golden Gate University
- Why technology has changed her role as a tax accountant, and how she has managed to adapt to these changes
- The importance of developing your executive presence and why that is going to be key to your success as an accountant
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sharell King's LinkedIn - she loves mentoring, so feel free to reach out to her and mention this podcast
- TravelBank- use the promo code Future50 for $50 in rewards credit when you book your next flight
This episode is brought to you by TravelBank, the app that helps you find the best flights at a lower cost than other platforms. They are giving the Future of Accounting community (YOU!), $50 in rewards credit with the next flight you purchase.
All you have to do is click here to download the app, and use Future50 in the promo code to get $50 in rewards with your next flight.